FISHERS, Ind. (AP) — Authorities say two longtime teachers in suburban Indianapolis who were going through a divorce died from gunshot wounds in a murder-suicide.
Fishers Police Sgt. Tom Weger said Friday the Hamilton County Coroner's Office ruled the death of 44-year-old Krystal Sergi a homicide from multiple gunshot wounds to her chest. The death of 52-year-old Frank Sergi was ruled a suicide from one gunshot wound to the head.
The shootings occurred Wednesday night.
The Hamilton Southeastern Schools described the couple as longtime teachers and canceled classes at Hoosier Road Elementary School, where Kristal Sergi taught, and Fall Creek Intermediate School, where Frank Sergi taught, for grief counseling Thursday and Friday.
The Indianapolis Star reports court records show the two were going through a divorce.
- Deaths of suburban Indianapolis teachers were murder-suicide
- Suburban Indianapolis swim coach faces federal charges
- Suburban Indianapolis airport gets $1.5M in improvements
- Amazon plans packaging center in suburban Indianapolis
- Suburban Indianapolis police force deploying body cameras
- FedEx scraps plans for suburban Indianapolis ground hub
- Black ice causes 30-car pileup in suburban Indianapolis
- Amazon hiring for new facility in suburban Indianapolis
- Indianapolis teachers in line for raise under new contract
- Fired Cathedral High School teacher sues Archdiocese of Indianapolis