LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — For the second day in a row, a Lafayette man once acquitted of murder is sentenced for an unrelated crime. Darius Printup will spend a year and a half either in the Department of Corrections or the Tippecanoe County Jail and 1 year on supervised probation.
After that, he will spend 54 days in Jasper County jail, for a weapons sentence that was handed down Monday. The Tippecanoe County charges are for dealing in a synthetic drug and carrying a handgun without a license.
He was found guilty by a jury late last month.
- Darius Printup sentenced for Tippecanoe County charges
- Darius Printup arrested in Lake County
- Darius Printup found guilty on drugs and weapons charges
- Printup turned away from local gun range
- Printup arrested after motion to revoke his bond
- Tippecanoe County's growing gains
- Tippecanoe County voter card confusion
- Tippecanoe Health Dept.: West Nile virus found in Tippecanoe County
- Hidden history within the Tippecanoe County Courthouse