LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Darius Printup was found guilty on several charges Thursday night. After several hours, the jury found Printup guilty of Dealing in a Synthetic Drug and Carrying a handgun without a license. He was found not guilty of Resisting Law Enforcement with a vehicle.
The charges were from an incident back in March 2018. According to police, officers were attempting to serve an arrest warrant on Darius Printup for a prior drug case. They attempted to conduct a traffic stop on the vehicle he was driving. Printup refused to stop and continued to drive at slow speed for a short distance. Printup finally came to a stop in the 2100 block of Bridgewater Circle where he was arrested without incident. Officers reported finding a loaded handgun, 227 grams of spice, and over $1000 in cash.
Printup has been arrested several times after he was accused and later acquitted of shooting and killing a Lafayette art teacher last year.
- Darius Printup found guilty on drugs and weapons charges
- Darius Printup sentenced for Tippecanoe County charges
- Darius Printup arrested in Lake County
- Darius Printup faces multiple charges including dealing meth
- Printup turned away from local gun range
- Printup arrested after motion to revoke his bond
- 10-year sentence given to Lafayette woman found guilty of drug charges
- Lafayette man found guilty of shooting during drug deal
- LPD arrests two people after major drug and weapon bust
- Miami Co. boy found with weapons behind Maconaquah High School