LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Renters at White Pine Duplexes are raising concerns over dangerous conditions throughout its streets.
Renter, Cody Deboy, says that he's angry their home owner’s association hasn't fixed its roadways.
"If someone goes at it pretty fast you could probably ruin something easily," said Deboy.
Deboy says he constantly has to tell visitors to watch out for what used to be a speed bump at the entrance of the neighborhood which now has become a large buckle in the road.
"The first time we noticed this was when we came to look at the house, and it was really bad, a bunch of people were going over in the middle of it, and they don't really have anything to notify people there," said Deboy.
Mary Parks has been renting for two months. She said she contacted Mirus- their property management group - after seeing the dangerous road conditions. They informed her they could not do anything until the homeowners association jumps in.
"I've spoken to a few of my neighbors and they said it's always been like that and nothing ever gets done," said Parks.
Neighbors say most of the homes are rented. Many of the owners, who make up the homeowners' association, live out of state. I tried to get a hold of them and got no response.
"Everybody should be proud of your community and when I have to tell people that are wanting to come visit me it's like I have to tell them to be careful... There is a buckle in the road, there are potholes,” stated Parks.
Renter Michael Skinner, who has lived in the neighborhood since 2011, says he is thinking about making a petition so this could be resolved.
"Little by little it's been getting worse, I hope something gets done,” said Skinner.
"I at least hope this speed bump gets done, and the roads by our house, because it's nothing but pothole city over there," said Deboy.
- Dangerous road conditions raise concern at White Pine Duplex
- Recurring flooding raises concerns
- Rainfall raising concerns for farmers
- Dangerously Cold Conditions Return to Greater Lafayette
- Winter weather causes dangerous travel conditions
- Freezing rain causing dangerous morning driving conditions
- Vandalism found on local businesses raises concerns
- Travel conditions a concern for much of the area
- Plans to add 75 duplexes and 22 apartments on Lafayette south side moves forward
- Florida bridge collapse raises safety concerns in Lafayette