WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Midwestern Cowboy is heading west.
Former Purdue guard Dakota Mathias will play for the Los Angeles Lakers Summer League team.
Mathias spent part this past season competing in Spain's top professional division with Joventut Badalona.
This isn't Mathias' first go-around in the NBA Summer League. The Elida, Ohio native was on the Cleveland Cavaliers roster last summer.
He averaged 4.5 points, 1.7 rebounds and 0.8 assists over 15.3 minutes.
As a senior with the Boilermakers, Mathias averaged 12.0 points, 4.1 rebounds and 3.9 assists.
Mathias and the Lakers are scheduled to open summer league play against the Miami Heat as part of the California Classic on Monday.
Following his Summer League stint, Mathias plans on holding the Dakota Mathias Basketball Camps at Harrison High School for a second straight year.
For more information on Mathias' camps, visit dakotamathias.com.
- Dakota Mathias to play for Los Angeles Lakers in NBA Summer League
- Dakota Mathias to participate in national 3-point competition
- Dakota Mathias holds basketball camp, signs with Spanish team
- Purdue's Mathias, Haas sign NBA free-agent deals
- Pacers rout James, Lakers 136-94
- NBA bans Pacers’ Evans for violating league anti-drug policy
- Joe Maddon returns to Los Angeles Angels as new manager
- Highlights: Mathias' finishing flurry helps No. 9 Purdue rout Gophers
- Clarkson leads Lakers to 99-86 win over Pacers
- LeBron carries Lakers down stretch of 104-96 win over Pacers