CASS COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) -- The Indiana Department of Natural Resources is investigating the death of a man who reportedly jumped from a cliff at the swimming pond at France Park in Logansport.
The park has been a popular site for cliff jumping for years, despite extensive signage warning against it.
Investigators say several kayakers saw the person jump in the water around 1:30.
He reportedly gave them a warning, and didn't listen to the kayakers' protests for him not to jump.
The death is being treated as an accidental drowning. DNR says the victim was a man in his 20s or 30s, but he has not been identified pending notification of the family.
We plan to have more details and an update on this story tonight on News 18 at 10 and 11.
- DNR investigating death at France Park cliffs
- Park-goers react to man who jumped 63 feet off a cliff to his death
- Indiana DNR proposing bobcat hunting, trapping season
- DNR urges hunting safety after man falls from tree stand
- DNR could move power lines to Farm at Prophetstown
- Indiana DNR soliciting campground hosts for its properties
- Seahawks release Cliff Avril; injury cost him most of 2017
- LPD investigating overnight stabbing near Columbian Park
- Police investigating shots fired near Columbian Park
- Authorities investigate Tippecanoe County Jail inmate's death