TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Democratic challenger Chris Campbell has unseated incumbent Republican Sally Siegrist in the race for State Representative in District 26. Siegrist conceded late Tuesday evening.
Campbell finished with 56 percent of the vote. District 26 includes most of West Lafayette and some portions of Lafayette. Campbell held the lead the entire evening. She said her major focus throughout the campaign was education.
"All of the money that has been diverted away from our public schools into charters and vouchers the hundreds of millions of dollars have been very damaging to our schools across the state," said Campbell.
In early September, we spoke with both candidates to schedule a debate. Campbell was open, while Siegrist was unable to find a debate before Tuesday's election.
- Democrat Campbell unseats Siegrist in District 26
- Campbell challenges Rep. Siegrist to public debate
- District 26 Democratic candidate announced
- State Rep. Sally Siegrist's questionable Twitter activity
- State Rep Sally Siegrist announces run for re-election
- Rep. Siegrist unblocks reporters and sets tweets public again
- Democratic challenger announces run for State Rep. D 26
- Incoming State Representative Chris Campbell talks her goals for education
- State Representative Chris Campbell to host coffee with constituents event
- Gold and Black LIVE January 26