WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) —The Tippecanoe County Sheriff's office says a Purdue student involved in a bicycle crash on Tuesday has died from his injuries.
According to police, 19-year-old Lucas Shanker was riding his bicycle and failed to stop at the intersection of Lindberg Road and 400 West. Police say Shanker flipped over the handlebars as he was braking, flying into the path of the truck.
Shanker was taken to a Lafayette hospital with severe head trauma. Drugs or alcohol are not believed to be factors in the crash.
The crash is still under investigation.
- Purdue student involved in bicycle crash has died
- Police: Man lied about crash that killed Purdue student
- Alcohol, bicycles and shotguns recovered in string of Monticello burglaries
- Man arrested, accused of hitting LPD officer with bicycle
- Bicyclists of all ages needed to help raise bicycle awareness
- Person on bicycle hit by car in Lafayette
- Hoosier Heartland crash victim dies
- Woman dies in car crash involving police car in Clinton County
- Purdue ranks fourth in international student enrollment
- Purdue students react to Jeff Brohm speculation