TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A current inmate at the Tippecanoe County Jail is accused of smuggling drugs into the facility. Prosecutors charged Amber Eldridge of Lafayette with trafficking with an inmate and possession of a controlled substance.
According to court documents, Eldridge admitted to a deputy that she brought Suboxone into the jail by putting it in a red balloon and hiding it in her body. Jail staff conducted a search and found the balloon and the drug.
Investigators believe Eldridge also shared some of the Suboxone with another inmate.
- Current inmate accused of smuggling drugs
- Indiana flu deaths reach 107 for state's current flu season
- State encourages parents to make sure immunizations current
- Current Indiana bishop named in grand jury sex abuse report
- Jail inmate faces charges for allegedly slicing another inmate's throat
- Three inmates escape from Tennessee jail
- Authorities investigate Tippecanoe County Jail inmate's death
- Tippecanoe County Jail scans more than inmates
- Coroner releases cause of inmate death
- Drug dealer may be charged in drug overdose death