TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A current inmate at the Tippecanoe County Jail is accused of smuggling drugs into the facility. Prosecutors charged Amber Eldridge of Lafayette with trafficking with an inmate and possession of a controlled substance.
According to court documents, Eldridge admitted to a deputy that she brought Suboxone into the jail by putting it in a red balloon and hiding it in her body. Jail staff conducted a search and found the balloon and the drug.
Investigators believe Eldridge also shared some of the Suboxone with another inmate.
- Current inmate accused of smuggling drugs
- 11 indicted in drug smuggling bust involving UPS employees
- A 16-year-old was arrested for using a remote-controlled car to smuggle drugs across the border, officials say
- 16 Camp Pendleton-based Marines arrested following human smuggling investigation
- Indiana flu deaths reach 107 for state's current flu season
- State encourages parents to make sure immunizations current
- Current Indiana bishop named in grand jury sex abuse report
- Trump won't sign current funding bill, Ryan says
- Indiana dam to get signs warning about dangerous currents
- January 9, 4:45 PM: What Current Flood Forecasts Indicate