WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)-- Cub Scouts competed in a pinewood derby race Saturday at Happy Hollow Elementary.
The goal was to build a car from a block of wood with wheels and axles. Cars were measured and weighed before competing.
Scouts raced against each other to see who could get the best time.
Brad Dillon and his son Tanner said working together was their favorite part.
"Well, we took some Dremel tools, cut it out and sanded it, and we painted it,:" said Brad Dillon. "We had a good time."
The first place finisher was Silas Truax.
On top of a trophy and the chance to compete in a district derby race, he will get to throw out the first pitch at Purdue's baseball game next Sunday.
- Cub Scouts compete in Pinewood derby car race
- Rossville holds its annual Pinewood Derby race
- Lafayette Sagamore Council Cub Scouts serves veterans
- Adults, this one's for you. The 'Pintwood Derby' is raising money for Boy Scouts
- Purdue students flying high to compete in Air Race Classic
- Under One Badge: Meet Greater Lafayette's first girl to join the Cub Scouts
- Girl Scouts sue Boy Scouts over name change
- Cubs lose 2-1 to Cards as NL Central race goes to final day
- Cardinals lose to Cubs, NL Central race goes to final day
- WSJ: Boy Scouts may file for bankruptcy