MARTINSVILLE, Ind. (AP) — A search crew has recovered the body of the last of five people killed in a Labor Day boating accident in central Indiana.
The Indiana Department of Natural Resources' law enforcement division says the body of 32-year-old Antonio Sanchez-Maldonado of Indianapolis was found Thursday morning, just downstream from where the boat capsized on the White River .
The flat-bottomed boat was carrying seven people following a family cookout and fishing trip when it capsized Monday night on the river near Martinsville, about 30 miles (48 kilometers) south of Indianapolis.
Two of the boat's occupants made it to shore safely, but the five others died, including a 6-year-old boy. The four other victims were Sanchez-Maldonado, two other men and a 73-year-old woman.
It's unclear what caused the boat to capsize.
- Crew recovers body of 5th Indiana boating mishap victim
- Man's body recovered following Indiana canoe accident
- Body of missing boy recovered from southern Indiana river
- Indiana school district recovering from ransomware attack
- Body recovered following a fire in a Pulaski County home
- Thousands expected at the 5th Annual Indiana Bacon Festival
- Travel trailers stolen from Indiana recovered in Michigan
- Crews help move bodies after crash into crematorium building
- Indiana family files 2nd lawsuit in Missouri boat sinking
- Indiana woman who lost family on duck boat files lawsuit