CRAWFORDSVILLE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Crawfordsville Police Department is investigating a case of possible consumer tampering. According to police, they received a report of one piece of candy that contained a "foreign object". The piece of candy was collected Thursday night on West Main Street during Trick-or-Treating.
As of Friday morning, only one report of any kind of possible tampering had been received.
Crawfordsville Police Chief Mike Norman said this is the first report of this kind in recent memory.
Anyone with any information on this case, or to report any other possible tampering, residents are asked to call Detective Sargent Aaron Mattingly at 362-3762, ext. 216.
The case is under investigation.
- Crawfordsville Police investigating report of candy tampering
- Crawfordsville police investigating bank robbery
- Crawfordsville police searching for missing person
- Crawfordsville Police Department find missing person
- Crawfordsville Roadeo competition gets tighter
- Candy cane making at McCord Candies
- IMPD officer arrested, termination recommended following computer tampering investigation
- Police release images of Crawfordsville bank robbery suspect
- Person injured in police-involved shooting near Crawfordsville
- Crawfordsville Police Department looking for second missing person