TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — State Road 25 near West Point is back open after a crash closed a part of it Friday morning.
Deputies were called to the 5400 block of State Road 25 South around 4:45 Friday morning.
Police said it was a two-vehicle crash between a semi and a car.
According to Tippecanoe County Sheriff Sgt. Matt Couch, a car headed north was struck by a semi heading south. The semi driver said the car went into the southbound lane. The semi tried to swerve and hit the car on the driver's side. Couch said the driver of the car is at the hospital with possible broken bones, but the injuries are non-life threatening.
The semi driver said the driver of the car said they fell asleep at the wheel.
- Crash with injury closes State Road 25
- Crash causes minor injuries, fuel spill on State Road 43
- Old state road 25 closes due to a house fire
- Trooper suffers minor injuries after Indiana toll road crash
- Multiple injuries in 3-vehicle crash
- State Road 28 to close this week for road maintenance
- Pedestrian hit in Friday morning State Road 25 crash
- Three hospitalized after State Road 28 crash
- Indianapolis firefighters escape serious injury after crash
- One person injured in personal injury crash