LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette mother is behind bars after a crash that sent her 6-year-old son to the hospital.
It happened around 8:15 Tuesday morning.
Police say 30-year-old Amber Harrison was heading south on Third Street when she lost control of the SUV on a curve.
According to police, Harrison hit a curb and flipped the car into a row of trees.
They say Harrison was not injured but her son, who was in a car seat, was taken to IU Health Arnett with minor injuries.
Police say the child has already been released from the hospital.
Harrison faces multiple preliminary charges including operating while intoxicated and neglect of a dependent resulting in injury.
- Crash sends child to hospital
- Benton Co. crash sends 5 to hospital
- Daviess Co. buggy crash sends 1 to hospital
- Four-vehicle crash in Whitely County sends 2 to hospital
- Rollover crash at Tapawingo roundabout sends driver to hospital
- Overnight fire sends five to the hospital
- Crash between motorcycle and car sends man to hospital with serious injuries
- Early morning garage fire sends man to hospital
- Flu symptoms sending many to Indianapolis-area hospitals
- Crash causes major power outage, 2 hospitalized