TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Bidding for construction on the Tippecanoe County Courthouse courtrooms and additions is right around the corner.
"This will be the new Superior Court 7," said county commissioner, Tom Murtaugh.
But right now Superior Court 7 is the auxiliary courtroom.
Once bidding is complete, renovations will start in January of 2020.
It includes building a new juvenile courtroom, a new jury room on the 4th floor and space for CASA, Court Appointed Special Advocate.
The second juvenile courtroom will match the aesthetic of the other one located right next to it.
With that addition the Tippecanoe County Courthouse will be home to ten courts.
Tom Murtaugh said county commissioners approved this because it is needed for the community.
"I mean it is a part of public safety," said Murtaugh. "We as a county are tasked in providing these services."
The project will be finished by January of 2021.
- Courthouse renovations are getting closer for the new courtroom to be built
- County Commissioners accept bids for courthouse renovations
- Controversial housing complex one step closer to being built
- Lafayette one step closer to renovating Columbian Park
- Wedding and events venue one step closer to being built in Tippecanoe County
- Renovations to Columbian Park one step closer to being made official
- Hidden history within the Tippecanoe County Courthouse
- Construction on courthouse wraps up this month
- New lights illuminate top of courthouse
- Renovations coming to Brees center