LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Court documents are shedding more light on a stabbing involving multiple people on Friday in Lafayette.
27-year-old Willis Smith has been placed on a 72-hour hold.
According to court documents, on Friday afternoon in the 1600 block of Perdue Street, police found three people in the home, covered in blood.
Officers then found Smith, lying face down and intoxicated. The victims told police Smith was swinging a large sword and he attacked them as they tried to take the weapon away.
One victim was cut, another had been bitten by Smith.
Pam Smith had a minor defensive wound but refused medical attention.
Franklin France was injured and taken to the hospital.
Willis Smith was also taken to the hospital with an injury.
- Court documents shed more light on stabbing
- Seminar sheds light on crime prevention
- LTHC sheds light on daily problems with Hunger and Homelessness Awareness week
- Teen accused of spontaneously stabbing father moved to adult court
- New traffic Lights in Montmorenci
- Triple stabbing reported in Lafayette
- Lafayette man arrested after stabbing
- Attorney: Federal agents seize documents from Trump lawyer
- Indiana couple donates documents to Abraham Lincoln library
- Documents: $6 million to Armstrong family in wrongful death