BOONE COUNTY, Ind, (WISH) -- The parents of a 4-month-old child have been arrested on child abuse charges.
An investigation into 23-year-old Mark Crudup and 20-year-old Rochelle Withers began when the Indiana Department of Child Services contacted officials that a 4-month-old had been admitted to the hospital with suspicious injuries.
It was found that the child had multiple fractures throughout his body, with some appearing to be fresh while other fractures appeared to be healing. The fractures were found to be on various locations of the child's body.
After reviewing evidence and interviewing family members, both Crudup and Withers were arrested.
Both suspects face a felony charge of neglect of a dependent resulting in serious bodily injury.
- Couple arrested in connection to abuse of 4-month-old
- Carroll County couple faces animal abuse charges
- 18-year-old arrested in connection to Peru death
- Suspect with warrant connected to Bowen murder investigation arrested
- Teenager arrested in connection to Chauncey Hill Mall break-in
- Three people arrested in connection to Monday's drug raid
- Rochester couple arrested after investigation turns up drugs and guns
- Purdue Trustee with Fair Oaks connection talks about animal abuse video controversy
- Holiday miracle for homeless couple
- Local couple celebrates milestone anniversary