TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Part of a county road is closed in Tippecanoe County after a large sinkhole appeared Monday morning. The Thye Tippecanoe Sheriff's office has closed County Road 800 south between U-S 231 South and 100 East after the recent rain caused a large hole to form and washed out the ground underneath.
Road closed signs have been placed at both U-S 231 and 100 East. and anyone who goes past the barricades could be ticketed or fined. The only traffic allowed are those who need to travel 800 South to get to their homes.
The sheriff's office says it hopes to have the road fixed and back open by later this afternoon.
- County road closed after sinkhole appears
- Road closed after sinkhole reported in Tippecanoe County
- Sinkhole closes street in Lafayette
- Repairs underway for sinkhole in Lafayette
- Indianapolis sinkhole repair may last through weekend
- State Road 10 in Newton County to close Monday
- Rain delays crews from repairing 8-foot deep sinkhole
- State Road 28 to close this week for road maintenance
- North River Road to temporarily close Monday
- INDOT: North River Road closes Tuesday