LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Tippecanoe County Commissioners will be holding a special meeting Monday evening.
They will present a master utility plan for the northeastern part of the county. It would bring sanitary sewer service for Buck Creek, Americus and Colburn.
According to Commissioner Tracy Brown, planning started a few years ago.
The county noticed drainage issues and sinkholes in the Buck Creek area. Raw septic was also found in certain areas.
A lot of the issues were found to be caused by old septic systems.
According to Brown, several housing lots are not big enough to add a second system to fix these problems
Brown said the county hopes to address these issues with the plan.
The meeting will be held at the Tippecanoe County Office Building. It will run from 6 to 7 pm.
The meeting is open to the public.
- Tippecanoe County Commissioners To Present Master Utility Plan Monday Evening
- Tippecanoe County Commissioners approve master utility plan
- Tippecanoe County Commissioners approve subdivision plan
- Tippecanoe Co. Council reviews master plan for fairgrounds
- Tippecanoe Co. Commissioners delay moving exchange program
- Tippecanoe County commissioners accept bids for fairgrounds construction
- Transit pass-through agreement approved by Tippecanoe County Commissioners
- 30-year master plan for Discovery Park revealed
- Tippecanoe County's growing gains
- Presentation designed to lower rental property crime in Tippecanoe Co.