OTTERBEIN, Ind. (WLFI) — The Tippecanoe County Coroner’s Office on Friday released the name of the woman who died from the Thursday evening crash. 97-year-old Thelma Sheets-Gros of Otterbein died from injuries after being transported to IU Health Arnett Hospital. She was a passenger in a Ford Crown Vic driven by 71-year-old Sharon Phillips. The driver was transported to Franciscan STE Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Around 3:45 p.m., deputies were called to the intersection of U.S. 52 and West 500 North for a three-vehicle crash. Capt. Robert Hainje said a Ford Crown Victoria was turning left onto West 500 North from U.S. 52 and turned in front of a Toyota Avalon. The Toyota hit the passenger side of the Crown Victoria. The Crown Victoria then hit a Dodge Ram 2500 that was stopped at the intersection.
The Tippecanoe County Coroner’s Office and Tippecanoe County Sheriff’s Office continue to jointly investigate this crash.
- Coroner releases name of the woman who died in US 52 crash
- Woman dies after U.S. 52 crash
- Coroner releases cause of inmate death
- Coroner IDs Harrison students killed in crash
- Coroner releases cause of death of Tippecanoe County jail inmates who died on same day
- 1:52 P.M. Weather Update
- Coroner releases name of man killed in Frankfort fire
- One dead, 2 injured in crash on U.S. 52
- Woman dies after South Street crash
- Coroner: Man pulled from Lake Shafer died accidentally