LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Tippecanoe County coroner said an inmate who passed away in the jail died of coronary complications.
The cause of death for Edrie Scott Hunt was Atherosclerosis or a build-up in artery walls.
Hunt died in his jail cell on June 22nd as paramedics were performing CPR. He had been in jail since March 14th after an all-day standoff.
Deputies arrived at Hunt's home to serve two felony arrest warrants. Investigators said Hunt pulled a handgun, threatened deputies and threatened to kill himself. He was then taken into custody.
- Coroner releases cause of inmate death
- Coroner releases cause of death of Tippecanoe County jail inmates who died on same day
- Coroner releases name of man killed in Frankfort fire
- Indiana inmate mistakenly released back in custody
- Authorities investigate Tippecanoe County Jail inmate's death
- Cause of death released for third Tippecanoe County Jail inmate who died on same day
- Tippecanoe County Coroner releases identity of body found on Purdue's campus
- Coroner releases name of the woman who died in US 52 crash
- Drug epidemic burdens Tippecanoe County Coroner's Office
- Coroner makes contact with I-65 victim's family