FOWLER, Ind. (WLFI) — Benton County Coroner Matt Rosenbarger has released all the identities of the people involved in a tractor versus car crash on State Road 18 on Tuesday.
Rosenbarger said 18-year-old Jadakis Chambers of Fowler died at the scene. Chambers was the front seat passenger of the car. According to Benton County Coroner, the preliminary cause is blunt force trauma due to a motor vehicle crash and as of now, the manner is accidental. A toxicology report will take four to six weeks.
The driver of the car has been identified as Bradely Deaton. The back seat passenger was Jaliel Johnson.
The driver of the tractor was Shane Gretencord.
Deaton and Gretencord were airlifted to Indianapolis hospitals. Rosenbarger said at last check Gretencord was "doing well." He was unsure about the condition of Deaton.
Rosenbarger said Johnson was taken to a Lafayette hospital.
The crash happened around 11 a.m. Tuesday on State Road 18 between County Road 750 and 850 East.
An autopsy on Chambers is scheduled for 1:30 Wednesday afternoon. Family has been notified.
The Benton County Sheriff's Office said the accident is still under investigation.
- Benton County Coroner identifies man killed in crash involving tractor and car
- 1 dead, 3 hurt after crash involving tractor and car in Benton County
- Coroner identifies man involved in West Lafayette SWAT standoff
- Benton County coroner is working to identify body in 1976 cold case
- ISP identifies man killed in Monday crash
- Man killed in Lafayette police-involved shooting identified
- Person killed in a crash involving a semi, multiple cars
- Coroner ID's Indiana boy killed in school bus crash
- One injured in tractor, semi crash
- One person airlifted after tractor and car crash in Jasper County