WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The name of the man who killed himself during a standoff with police in West Lafayette was released Thursday. According to Coroner Donna Avolt, 27-year-old Kameron McCreery died after shooting himself Saturday.
It happened at a home on Jasmine Court, just west of Klondike Elementary School. Police said a woman sent a text message to police asking for help around 5:30 p.m. Saturday.
Deputies were taking the woman and two children out the door when two shots were fired. As they backed away a third shot was fired.
It's unclear what MrCreery's relationship was with the female and children.
- Coroner identifies man involved in West Lafayette SWAT standoff
- Man in custody after Logansport SWAT standoff
- Hours-long Lafayette SWAT standoff ends with arrest
- Lafayette man charged in 2018 SWAT situation
- UPDATE: Subject of Lafayette police standoff identified
- Lafayette man arrested after standoff
- Man shot in West Lafayette standoff that lasts several hours
- Homicide investigation leads LPD to Dayton, Ohio, suspect involved in SWAT standoff
- Standoff is over in SWAT situation in Tippecanoe County
- Neighbors aren't surprised about a SWAT standoff in their neighborhood