A “dry” cold front traveled over the state last night and it brought mostly cloudy skies to Greater Lafayette. Be prepared for cooler temperatures today now that the cold front is southeast of the viewing area. Temperatures through the morning commute will drop into the mid-30s, meaning kids will want to bundle up at the bus stop this morning.
Highs this afternoon are going to be more than 10 degrees cooler compared to yesterday afternoon. Temperatures will rise into upper lower 50s. Clear skies will stick around this morning and early afternoon, but more clouds will move back into the area this evening.
The cloud cover is associated with an approaching storm system. Rain chances will increase after midnight EST. Precision Futurecast has rain showers moving into our western counties after 3 a.m. EST Thursday.
Scattered showers will continue to fall through the morning hours tomorrow. The system will begin to exit during the afternoon and skies will quickly clear out Thursday evening. Even cooler temperatures arrive on Friday with highs in the upper 40s. Mostly sunny skies return at the end of the work week and will stick around through the weekend. Highs will even warm back up into the lower 50s Saturday and Sunday.
- Cooler temperatures on the way
- Falling temperatures for Tuesday
- Falling temperatures this week
- Windy with mild temperatures
- Falling temperatures this Thursday
- The Overall Temperature Trends
- Coldest Temperatures of the Year
- Quiet weather with mild temperatures
- Frozen with Fear and Cold Temperatures
- Tracking a big drop in temperatures