LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Construction is underway on the concession stand and press box for Lafayette's million-dollar softball complex. The project was first announced back in August.
The Crosser Sports Complex is being built off Powderhouse Lane near Elston Road and will have four softball fields.
It will serve almost 300 members of the Lafayette Girls Softball League.
Parks Superintendent Claudine Laufman said although crews have run into some road blocks, she still expects the fields to be useable by this summer.
"We're pretty excited that the weather has kind of cooperated recently but certainly having a long winter has really put a damper on our progress," said Laufman.
Another portion of the project includes a parking lot and work on Breckenridge Street. Bids for that round of construction will be presented to the Lafayette Board of Works on April 10.
- Construction underway for Lafayette's million-dollar softball complex
- PURDUE: Construction to begin on $86 million apartment complex
- Road construction season in Greater Lafayette is underway
- Happy Hollow Park construction is underway
- Shots fired at Lafayette apartment complex
- Repairs underway for sinkhole in Lafayette
- Jeff softball too much for West Lafayette
- Greater Lafayette Commerce hosts construction update luncheon
- Construction underway to fix hole in I-65 overpass
- Lafayette approves tax abatement for revolutionary low income apartment complex