WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)—A construction project in West Lafayette is running ahead of schedule. The apartment complex on Kalberer and Yeager Roads is expected to be complete by spring 2020. The apartments are located in Purdue's Research Park.
Erik Carlson, Director of Development for the city of West Lafayette, said crews had great weather during the building phase of this project, which helped to get everything done early.
Carlson explained the new housing development is all about getting a younger workforce to the area.
He said amenities are a way to capture more companies that are able to attract young professionals.
"People don't want to work at 'Dunder Mifflin' and just be completely surrounded by a parking lot," Carlson said. "There needs to be some sort of an amenity; the live, work, play element."
Carlson said the units are intended for young professionals who will be living in the Research Park.
"That gives you an opportunity to walk to work, to walk to Walt's across the street and to really be a part of that community."
One, two and three bedroom floor plans are available.
There is also retail space available. Carlson said there will likely be three or four units available for retailers to use.
Leasing offices open in January 2020. Click here for more information.
- Construction to finish early on brand-new apartments in Purdue Research Park
- PURDUE: Construction to begin on $86 million apartment complex
- Purdue Neurotrauma Group Continues Research
- Downtown parking lot permanently closes Monday for apartment construction
- New development in the works for the Purdue Research Park
- Summer construction at Purdue University
- Purdue students to research in Antarctica
- Purdue researchers finding cleaner fuel alternatives
- Researchers at Purdue working to prevent potholes
- U.S. 52 project to finish on time despite construction delays