WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Drivers may notice a new traffic pattern around Purdue's campus. The second phase of construction around Stadium Avenue was expected to start Monday. Last week, a major portion of Stadium and the Martin Jishke Drive intersection closed but the intersection is expected to open back up Monday for pedestrians and drivers.
The Russell Street and stadium avenue intersection will close for most of the summer as crews work to rebuild it.
Purdue Police Chief John Cox says more signs are being put up to help drivers navigate traffic.
"At the bottom of Tower Drive and Beering Drive as drivers come down to that intersection to remind them to turn right to go to Jishke to get to the University Street parking garage," said Chief Cox.
Other projects this summer include a vacant fraternity house and a few other buildings removed. Cox says this space will be converted into gravel parking lots.
- Construction on Stadium Ave. campus continue to progress
- I-65 construction continues in Clinton County
- PAWS program shows progress
- Progress continues on new Glen Acres Elementary School
- Closures coming to Stadium Avenue
- Purdue to construct archway memorial for Tyler Trent at Ross-Ade Stadium
- Crews respond to fire on Mass. Ave
- Stadium Avenue closes for summer Monday
- Take the Ross-Ade Stadium upgrade survey
- Bids open for Loeb Stadium renovation