LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)-- The race for Tippecanoe County Sheriff is still underway as candidates are stepping up to the plate.
Saturday morning's caucus was to slate for sheriff and other township board positions in Fairfield, Wea and Wabash. Community members wanting to run for office had the chance to share their ideas with the public.
According to Indiana State Election law, each party is allowed to slate candidates that were not filled in the primary election.
Tippecanoe County Chairwoman Heather Maddox said this is a great way for the candidates to share their platforms with the community.
"People stepping up that want to run for office, especially in a midterm year, I mean we have a lot in the city," said Maddox. "But to have this and have their actual votes to be taken is pretty exciting."
The winners of the caucus included:
Perry Schnarr- Fairfield Township Board
Tyson Joelle McFall- Wea Township Board
Brendan Betz- Wabash Township Board
Bob Goldsmith- Sheriff
- Community members cast votes at democratic caucus
- Frankfort community members participate in peaceful march
- FFA members serve the greater Lafayette community
- Questions from community members challenge local politicians
- Community members talk school bus stopping safety
- LPD encourages community members to help tackle drug epidemic
- Hoops for Hope fundraises for two community members
- Community members express opinions on future of city hall
- USA Champion teaches grappling to local community members
- Scammers are threatening Greater Lafayette community members for money