LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)— Motorcyclists are paying respects to the young man who lost his life in an accident we told you about Friday evening.
LPD responded to a crash at the intersection of Twyckenham Blvd and 9th street.
That crash involved a motorcyclist that was heading eastbound on Twyckenham and a black Honda Odyssey going westbound.
The motorcyclist, 22-year-old Andre Leblanc, was taken to the hospital where he later died from his injuries.
Local motorcyclists have now come together to plant flowers and raise awareness.
Motorcyclist Christopher Nees said it's important to speak out about situations that affect people.
"A kids life was lost. He was only 22," said Nees. "He was starting out fresh. He had many years ahead of him. He had a future that was taken from him in the blink of an eye."
There was a motorcycle event at the corners of Twyckenham Blvd. and 9th street Saturday evening.
Previous report below:
Lafayette Police are warning drivers that Twyckenham bridge is completely shut down at 18th St. due to a traffic incident and drivers should avoid the area of S. 9th St and Twyckenham Blvd.
A man is in critical condition after a collision between a motorcycle and a mini-van.
It happened at the intersection of Twyckenham Blvd and 9th street. around 3 p.m. Friday afternoon.
According to police, the motorcyclist was heading eastbound on Twyckenham and a black honda odyssey was going westbound.
The odyssey was turning onto 9th Street when both vehicles crashed. The driver of the odyssey was not injured and the motorcyclist was taken to Franciscan Health.
The intersection will be closed for several hours.
- Community comes together in the wake of fatal motorcycle crash
- Officials release names of fatal car, motorcycle crash
- One dead after motorcycle crash in Miami County
- Rep. Brown back home recovering after motorcycle crash
- Man dead after crash between motorcycle and minivan
- Name released in Lake Village fatal crash
- Officials release name of fatal crash victim
- INDOT plans to improve fatal crash intersection
- Community comes together after loss of two Twin Lakes high schoolers in a fatal crash
- Community reacts to fatal house fire in Logansport