TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - Three Greater Lafayette high school seniors are closer to achieving their goals of getting a college degree.
The Community Foundation of Greater Lafayette awarded the students with four-year scholarships. The 2020 Lilly Endowment Community Scholars are Laney Houston (Lafayette Jeff), Isaac Lammers (Lafayette Jeff) and Isabell Austin (Central Catholic).
The students will receive full-tuition to an Indiana college of their choice. They will also be given a $900 stipend per year for books and other school supplies.
Austin was overjoyed to hear the news of the scholarship. She says it opens the door to her future.
"It's such a relief because it was something I was really worried about," said Austin. "Where I wanted to go is a little bit more expensive than I had the budget for. So, knowing that it's covered is really, feels really good."
The foundation has awarded 88 scholarships in Tippecanoe County since 1998 including this years group of scholars.
- Community Foundation awards 3 high school seniors full-tuition scholarships
- SIA Foundation Awards Winter Grants
- $1.1 million awarded to local nonprofits from Community Foundation
- Indiana awards 200 scholarships to future teachers
- Two local students awarded $750 scholarships
- Indiana community college offers firefighters free tuition
- Six High School Seniors of Tippecanoe County receive DAR Good Citizenship Award
- Duke Energy Foundation awards Indiana nonprofits $315,000 in community impact grants
- SIA Foundation awards $90,000 in grants to Indiana charities
- SIA Foundation awards grants to 14 Indiana nonprofit organizations