LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — If you didn't visit the Columbian Park Zoo before it closed, you still have one more chance. The zoo will host its annual Halloween event -- Boo-At-The-Zoo on Oct. 24th, 25th, and 26th.
Zookeepers are working to get the park prepared. Some activities happening at the event include an enchanted train ride, a pumpkin patch and live entertainment.
Head Zoo Keeper, Heather Woody said the zoo will be completely transformed in Halloween themed decoration.
“You're gonna walk in through the front gate and we're gonna have corn stocks, straw, pumpkins decorated in the entire zoo.” said Woody. “There's gonna be spiderwebs up and everything.”
Woody said the zoo will be full of kid-friendly activities.
“We will have an enchanted train ride that the kids can do. There's a pumpkin patch, they come trick-or-treat, get candy, prizes and we'll also have live entertainment,” said Woody.
The zoo will continue offering it's outreach programs and on-site classes during the winter months. During the off months, the zoo will update and expand its animal exhibits. You can see the new changes when the zoo opens up again in April.
- Columbian Park Zoo closing for winter
- Columbian Park Zoo opens for season
- Columbian Park Zoo moves into fall hours
- Columbian Park Zoo preparing for Boo at the Zoo
- Columbian Park Zoo hosts first ever Zoo Year's Eve Party
- Columbian Park Zoo saying goodbye to its 70-year-old tortoise
- City looks to add more exhibits to Columbian Park Zoo
- Work to begin on Columbian Park Zoo penguin exhibit
- Zoo Run Run hosts 16th annual race for Columbian Park Zoo
- Arctober Fest makes debut in Columbian Park