LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — This weekend brought in the opening of the Columbian Park Zoo for the season.
The zoo is open 7 days a week from 10:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Memorial Day Weekend. It will then adopt its summer hours and stay open until 7 p.m.
Zoo employees said after the long winter they were excited to open the gates on time.
"We've been dealing with the odd weather trying to get everything ready so that has definitely hindered us getting a few things ready earlier in the season than what we would have liked,but we still were able to get everything finished up before we opened up this morning," said Noah Shields.
Visitors can look forward to baby goats that are expected to be born in May.
- Columbian Park Zoo opens for season
- Columbian Park Zoo moves into fall hours
- Columbian Park Zoo closing for winter
- Columbian Park Zoo preparing for Boo at the Zoo
- Columbian Park Zoo hosts first ever Zoo Year's Eve Party
- Work to begin on Columbian Park Zoo penguin exhibit
- City looks to add more exhibits to Columbian Park Zoo
- Columbian Park Zoo saying goodbye to its 70-year-old tortoise
- Bids open for Columbian Park penguin exhibit
- Columbian Zoo prepares for Boo at the Zoo