LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Columbian Park Zoo rang in the new year early Saturday, families were invited to make "Zoo Year" resolutions.
They were encouraged to set goals to help animals and the enviornment. Kids got to visit with a few party animals, like Milo the Parakeet.
There were also snacks and arts and crafts. The day ended with a balloon drop at noon.
Director of Education, Amber Fredrick said this was the perfect way for families to spend the last day of 2017 together.
"Midnight is a little late for honestly myself as well as a lot of the animals and so we thought it would be a great opportunity for kids to come celebrate at an earlier time of day, so since the clock strikes 12 twice a day, it worked out just perfectly," said Fredrick.
This was the first year Columbian Park had a Zoo Year's Eve Party. Organizers said they hope to make it a yearly event.
- Columbian Park Zoo hosts first ever Zoo Year's Eve Party
- Columbian Park Zoo preparing for Boo at the Zoo
- Columbian Park Zoo opens for season
- Columbian Park Zoo moves into fall hours
- Columbian Park Zoo closing for winter
- Zoo Run Run hosts 16th annual race for Columbian Park Zoo
- Columbian Zoo prepares for Boo at the Zoo
- City looks to add more exhibits to Columbian Park Zoo
- Columbian Park Zoo saying goodbye to its 70-year-old tortoise
- Work to begin on Columbian Park Zoo penguin exhibit