TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Students and their families had some fun with STEM at James Cole Elementary.
Each classroom at the school had a different theme related to science, technology, engineering or math. Every activity was hands on and families were able to take home their finished projects.
Teacher Angie Marks said her goal in organizing the event was to show kids they have options.
"Here at Cole Elementary, they recognize that not everybody is a teacher or a doctor or a lawyer, we need people who design things we need people who dig ditches," said Marks.
Marks said several classes at the elementary school have participated in STEM related activities with Purdue.
- Cole elementary hosts family STEM night
- Cole Elementary teaching kids adult skills
- Vinton Elementary named family friendly school
- Cubs get LHP Cole Hamels in trade with Rangers
- Cole Academy is teaching 5th graders all about professionalism
- US official: Airstrike kills terrorist behind USS Cole bombing
- Cole fans 12 as Astros down Cubs 6-5
- TSC awarded STEM acceleration grant
- Mayor Roswarski hosts Mayor's Night In
- TSC students learn about STEM careers