Lows this morning:
17 Crawfordsville Municipal Airport
18 Fowler PWS
19 Attica PWS
19 Logansport-Cass County Airport
19 Covington PWS
19 Grissom Air Reserve Base
19 Kokomo Municipal Airport
19 Purdue Airport
19 White County Airport
19 Winamac CWOP
20 Peru Municipal Airport
21 Rochester-Fulton County Airport
21 Rensselaer-Jasper County Airport
22 Frankfort Municipal Airport
Minimum wind chills this morning:
2 Kokomo Municipal Airport
3 Grissom Air Reserve Base
4 Logansport-Cass County Airport
4 Crawfordsville Municipal Airport
4 White County Airport
5 Attica PWS
5 Rensselaer-Jasper County Airport
5 Covington PWS
5 Purdue Airport
6 Peru Municipal Airport
7 Rochester-Fulton County Airport
7 Frankfort Municipal Airport
9 Winamac CWOP
Big storm system on the Gulf Coast, which will ride up the East Coast could bring accumulating snowfall from Oklahoma & Texas to Indiana, southward to Mississippi & Alabama.
Some snow showers are likely here Monday night-Tuesday, but the main area of accumulation is setting up south of us. This will need to be monitored, however. Nonetheless, some minor, localized accumulation is possible.
Also, there will be lake effect mixed up in this, so snow accumulation may be enhanced in our northern & northeastern counties.
It is a large, large storm system & significant one at that.
Arctic air will follow, followed by a big warm up with gusty southwest winds at the end of next week (50s).
Brief shot of colder air comes in briefly next weekend, but then we bounce right back to 50s to 60s. It looks pretty warm right up to as late as November 23 now, followed by a blast of much colder air.
- Coldest Morning Since March 22, Lowest Wind Chills Since February 12
- The coldest day since mid-March
- Wind Chill Warning for Greater Lafayette
- Wind Chills You to the Bone
- January 30, 2 AM: Wind Chill History
- Local Weather History: February's Top Biggest Snows & Coldest Temperatures
- February 6, 2 PM: River & Stream Flooding Developing...Isolated Hail Risk, 47* Temperature Drop, -12* Wind Chill & Accumulating Snowfall Ahead
- February 22, 10 PM Isolated Severe Risk & High Wind Event Update
- February 22, 2 PM Weather Update: High Wind Watch Up For Part of Area