MADRID -- Spanish police seized a load of pineapples that were transported from Costa Rica.
Inside the fruits, authorities found about 147 pounds (67 kilos) of cocaine hidden inside cylinders.
The pineapples were emptied and each one was filled with a cylinder coated with wax to insulate the odor of the drug.
As part of the operation, seven people were arrested in Madrid and Barcelona.
- Cocaine-filled pineapples seized in Spain
- New businesses fill downtown void
- Indiana Republicans working to fill senate seat
- Fill the Boot fundraiser to begin Friday
- Illinois man arrested on suspicion of dealing cocaine and heroin
- 72 hours in America: Three hate-filled crimes. Three hate-filled suspects.
- Homeless shelters filling fast due to cold temperatures
- At least 6 looking to fill State Senate seat
- Brian Buchanan selected to fill Brandt Hershman's seat
- The West Lafayette Parks and Recreation Superintendent position is filled