WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — It's the beginning of the end for the State Street Project.
Crews started on the third and final year of work. The focus is now on Stadium Avenue.
Utility work began a few weeks back. It's all in preparation for the closure of Stadium Avenue.
Detours will redirect drivers so crews can work from Martin Jiscke to McCormick Road.
Development Director Erik Carlson said the project will help congestion along State Street.
"Right now you're still seeing a lot of people stacking up on State Street," he said. "Once this work on Stadium is done later this year and once the work down on Williams Street is done near the roundabout, as Williams will connect into Harrison, that's really going to allow for the alternative routes to exist throughout the city of West Lafayette."
The work includes a roundabout at McCormick Road and Stadium Avenue. There will also be a continuation of the cycle track along Stadium.
- Closures coming to Stadium Avenue
- Stadium Avenue closes for summer Monday
- Bids for Loeb Stadium project come in higher than expected
- Discount Den moving to Stadium Avenue as Chauncey Hill Mall demolition looms
- BMV holiday closures
- Take the Ross-Ade Stadium upgrade survey
- Bids open for Loeb Stadium renovation
- Plan for Fowler Avenue Apartments approved
- Last summer for Sagamore closures
- South Street closure begins Monday