INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — State highway officials are planning complete closures lasting 15 days for a section of Interstate 65 on Indianapolis' northwest side.
The Indiana Department of Transportation says it will shut down the northbound and southbound lanes during separate periods to mill and repave the roadway.
The first closure will be of I-65 northbound between its interchanges with Interstate 465 and Interstate 865 starting 9 p.m. June 14 until July 1. Closure of the southbound lanes is scheduled from July 12 until July 29.
The highway department recommends drivers follow a detour using I-465 and I-865 during the closures.
- Closure of I-65 section in Indianapolis planned for repaving
- Full closures planned for I-65, I-70 in Indianapolis
- Road Closure: I-65 southbound lane
- Overnight lane closures will impact I-65 drivers
- 20-minute closures on I-65 due early Wednesday
- Another lane closure for I-65 northbound
- Commuters plan ahead for I-65 bridge reconstruction
- Update: all lanes open after crash on I-65 forces closure
- Ramp closures begin Wednesday on I-65 in Boone County
- Work to widen I-65 section in southern Indiana nears start