FRANKFORT, Ind. (WLFI) — Tuesday marked day two of the high school football season across the state. At Clinton Prairie, Raymond Jones is now in charge of a Gophers program that finished 2017 with a 5-6 record.
CP spent their first two days indoors because of the rain moving across much of the area. The Gophers return experienced players in their spread offense, including junior Jacob Fullerton who hauled in 72 passes for nearly 900 yards a season ago.
Coach Jones and his team are happy with how the transition has gone so far.
"I've been impressed with our buy-in and our numbers," said Jones. "Over the summer we consistently have had 35 to 38 guys kind of every day. Just the willingness for those guys to come in every day and work with our coaches and the different things we're doing and the buy-in in the weight room has been huge and I think that alone is going to lead to a lot of success."
The fourth year coach sees the potential in the athletes, school, and community that surrounds Clinton Prairie.
"My fiance and I moving up this way recently. It's been a fantastic community, the support that we have received just here recently has been huge," said Jones. "So bringing that together with a bunch of great athletes in all sports here at Clinton Prairie was a big part of that."
With a new coach I think its been a good transition," said senior lineman Brant Joseph. "We've learned a lot really quickly we've got it down fast. Faster than the other coaches I've had."
Jones posted 30 wins over the last three seasons at Fountain Central.
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Raymond Jones era begins at Clinton Prairie
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Pioneer begins pursuit of second straight title
- Clinton Prairie student receives prestigious scholarship
- HIGHLIGHTS: Clinton Prairie 31, Seeger 23 (GBB)
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Clinton Central tries to move on after player's unexpected death
- Clinton Prairie pulls away from Carroll in sectional opener
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Seeger Patriots optimistic about next step
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Carroll looks to build on 2017 season
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Brian Nay takes over at Central Catholic
- Prairie Creek Park set to open late this fall