FRANKFORT, Ind. (WLFI) — A Clinton County Jail inmate is back behind bars after allegedly trying to escape.
According to the Clinton County Sheriff's Office, around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday afternoon, two officers were taking two inmates back to jail from the Courthouse.
As the officers got to the elevator, inmate Cari Wells went down a stairway and ran from the officers. She was caught after a brief struggle and both inmates were taken back to the jail.
A report will be sent to the Prosecutor's Office for review.
Sheriff Kelly commended the quick action of our employees and ensures there was no risk to public safety during this incident:
"This is what we train for! I am proud of the quick response from our officers to ensure the safety of everyone involved. Well done!" said Sheriff Rich Kelly.
- Clinton County inmate back in custody after trying to escape
- Escaped meth dealer back in custody
- Indiana inmate mistakenly released back in custody
- Three inmates escape from Tennessee jail
- Man wanted in Clinton County taken into custody
- Clinton County Jail Introduces "Second Chance" program for inmates
- Inmate falls through ceiling trying to escape from jail
- Police: 'Dangerous' inmate escapes from Northern Indiana State Prison
- Inmate captured following escape from Indiana State Prison
- Inmate who briefly escaped in Downtown Lafayette was charged with escape