CLINTON COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A multi-agency investigation and search has led to the arrest of a man accused of burglary and stealing a firearm. According to officials, police responded to a report of a burglary in the 1800 block of State Road 28 Wednesday morning.
As the Clinton County Sheriff’s Office and the Frankfort Police department worked to search the area, a homeowner in the 2000 Block of W Armstrong Rd reported a man inside their pickup truck. Deputies responded to the scene and learned the suspect had fled and may be hiding in nearby barns.
During the investigation, it was learned a firearm had been stolen from the homeowner’s vehicle and believed to be in possession of the suspect.
After information about the suspect was distributed to the public, around 11:30 a.m. a citizen saw a man matching the description and alerted law enforcement. Officials responded and apprehended the suspect after a short foot chase.
26-year-old Shawn M Montgomery of Frankfort was charged with Two counts of burglary, two counts of theft, one being a firearm, and two counts of unlawful entry into a vehicle.
- Clinton County burglary suspect arrested after morning search
- Clinton County Sheriff's Office searching for wanted man
- Suspect arrested in string of Logansport church burglaries
- Officials in Clinton County looking for possibly armed suspect
- Body found in Clinton County
- Burglary suspect charged in pharmacy break in
- Internal investigation at Clinton County Jail leads to arrest
- OWI arrest made in Clinton Co. crash
- Kokomo rape suspect arrested
- Clinton County man found dead after crash