WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Purdue Sports) — Following a perfect weekend and a national upset at Holloway, sophomore Grace Cleveland was named Big Ten Player of the Week by the conference Monday, October 28.
Averaging 3.44 kills per set on a .431 hitting percentage, the outside hitter helped No.16 Purdue to a 3-1 win over Iowa and a 3-2 upset over then-No.5 Nebraska.
In Friday's win over Iowa, Cleveland led the Boilermakers with a match-high 18 kills in 25 attempts for a match-best .680 hitting %. The outside hitter also added six of Purdue's 20 assisted blocks.
Cleveland followed Friday's offensive performances with 13 kills, six blocks, five digs and a career-best four aces in Purdue's five-set thriller against the nationally ranked Huskers. Overall, she averaged 4.5 points and 1.22 blocks per set on the weekend.
The recognition is Cleveland's second career conference player of the week accolade, collecting the honor on September 23.
Also on Monday, Purdue checked in at No. 16 in the AVCA Top-25 poll. The ranking is Purdue's best since the Boilermakers were listed 15th on September 23.
Purdue hosts rival Indiana at Holloway on Wednesday, October 30. First serve is slated for 6 p.m. ET.
- Grace Cleveland earns Big Ten Player of the Week
- Cleveland, Bush receive Big Ten Honors for Purdue Volleyball
- McLaughlin, Harris earn preseason Big Ten honors
- Dellinger, Bell earn Big Ten weekly honors
- Isaac Haas named Big Ten Player of the Week
- Vincent Edwards named Big Ten Player of Week
- Purdue's Nick Delesandro named Big Ten Player of the Week
- David Blough named Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week
- Purdue's McGowan named Big Ten Player of Week (Baseball)
- Purdue's Atkinson Big Ten Co-Player of the Week