TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — CityBus is making your commute around town a little bit easier. The transportation company has unveiled its newest app.
The "My CityBus" app is completely customizable. The app is a new GPS-based bus location system that will provide real-time information, news and route-specific alerts.
Riders can look up estimated bus departure and arrival times as well as see how crowded a bus is. The My CityBus App will also send riders specific alerts if there is a delay or change in the route.
"If there is a problem on one route, but you don't ride that route, then you won't know about it," said CityBus general manager Marty Sennett. "But if there is an issue that is on your route, that notification will come to your phone either through email, text, or through the app."
Sennett is excited that the new app has many more feature than the company's old app.
"People loved the old app, but I think they will love this one even more."
Riders without data plans can get real-time information. They can texting a designated phone number and the system will automatically return estimated departure times for the next bus.
The app is available for download right now on the Google Play and Apple App Store.
- CityBus launches new customizable app
- CityBus launches new "Ride to Work" program
- CityBus prepared for snowy conditions
- CityBus asking for feedback on new routes
- CityBus kicks off summer food drop to help feed children
- Tippecanoe Co. Right to Life files lawsuit against CityBus
- CityBus took its final advice from the community
- Brady Lane reopens after crash involving CityBus and 4 vehicles
- Right to Life may now advertise anti-abortion ads on CityBus buses
- Purdue launches affordable tuition grant