LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Need to finish your garden on a budget? The City of Lafayette has you covered.
Later this month, the Lafayette Street Department will be giving out free mulch. Several times a year, the department grinds up its excess brush and hands it out to the community.
The department says it's a win-win. You get the mulch, and they get rid of their waste.
"We double-grind it, which makes it a little bit better mulch," said Mike Roush. "The problem is, we get a lot of it collected and it's hard to get rid of."
Anyone in the county claim it. Roush says there will be people on-site to help load. All you have to bring is something to take it away with.
Mulch will be given out two weekends in a row on Aug. 24 - 25, and then again on Labor Day weekend, Aug. 31 - Sept. 1. It will be distributed at the street department facility on Sycamore and Walnut streets, right off of Wabash Avenue.
- Lafayette holding free mulch giveaway
- City of Lafayette giving away free mulch to anyone who will take it
- Lafayette bar owner giving out free rides
- Lafayette Jefferson graduate gives back
- Lafayette Honor Flight organization gives back
- Cover Lafayette giving away winter items
- Lafayette City Golf Tournaments continue
- The city of West Lafayette has adopted a free athletic training program for employees
- Ninth annual Gown Town gives girls free dresses for prom
- Burger King is giving delayed travelers free Impossible Whoppers