FRANKFORT, Ind. (WLFI) — A new messaging service in Frankfort is bridging the gap between the city and its citizens.
Community members can now call or email the city's community development department directly for non-emergency issues.
Annie Bacon the face of Frankfort's new community messaging center. She recently stepped into the role of the city's first community development director.
One thing she quickly learned was the lack of clear communication between the city and its citizens.
“There are a lot of people who don't know who to call or aren't sure which department will best serve their needs, so we've instituted a message center,” said Bacon.
The center is a phone number and email that directly connects callers to the Community Development Department. Bacon said response time is within 24 hours Monday through Friday.
“It's not a live-action center it is strictly a message center,” said Bacon. “We're a small department and we don't know how big the need is but it's a place to start.”
The center was created to answer any non-emergency questions or concerns in the community.
Trash pick-up, city parking and zoo-hours are among the many questions the department has answered. Bacon plans to keep a note of each call.
“We keep that data and then we can kind of track where the holes are in our information process,” said Bacon.
After speaking to several Frankfort residents, it was clear the service is something they'll find useful too.
“There are all kinds of stuff that goes on that nobody has answers to,” said Frankfort resident Jeff Dunker.
“You can't call 911 on non-emergency things and you can barely get a hold of the non-emergency,” said resident Andrew Lowry.
“It would be something very beneficial for the residents because if we do have a question, we can use that and find the answer,” said Lisa Scott.
The message center phone number is (765) 659-6781 and the email is email@example.com.
- City of Frankfort improving community communication with a new messaging center
- Frankfort community members participate in peaceful march
- River City Community Center celebrates grand opening
- Community center project on track
- New community center in Lafayette
- Improvements to Frankfort sidewalks will begin Wednesday
- Southside community center opening right on schedule
- Community center hosts New Year's Eve Spectacular
- Local community centers receive new CPR kits
- Delphi opens a new community center