LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The city of Lafayette has been able to cut some costs on the over-budget Loeb Stadium project.
As we previously reported, bids came in about $3 million higher than expected.
Money from the Columbian Park Master Plan is covering some of the overage, but the city was also able to get a few of the original bids down.
Overall, the savings total about $176,000.
Funds from economic development income taxes, will make up any additional costs.
- City finds cost savings on Loeb Stadium project
- City breaks ground at Loeb Stadium
- Bids for Loeb Stadium project come in higher than expected
- Bids open for Loeb Stadium renovation
- Lafayette Leopards hold reunion at Loeb Stadium
- Lafayette bids farewell to historic Loeb Stadium
- Utility work planned for Loeb Stadium this summer
- Updates to Loeb Stadium include new stoplight on Main St.
- Loeb Stadium to host Greater Lafayette World Series
- Main Street to close for Loeb Stadium renovations