LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)—Greater Lafayette is getting in the Christmas spirit. The streets downtown were crowded with people tonight.
It's not often you see a camel roaming the streets of downtown Lafayette. If you went to the Greater Lafayette Christmas parade, you saw that and much more. It's experiences like these that keep Jolane Arnold coming back each year.
"I like to just see the community, all the different vendors and all the floats are great, its fun."
Other parade spectators like Isabella George also have their favorite parts of the parade.
"Cheese Weasles, for sure, and I love all the cute little Girl Scouts."
The parade was welcomed by warm weather. Temperatures topped out near 50 degrees, which drew in huge crowds downtown. Folks like Shena George were pleased with how this years parade turned out.
"Its much better than last year it was very cold last year."
Parade goers from Greater Lafayette were treated to sights and sounds of the holidays.
- Christmas parade spreads holiday cheer
- Shop with the mayor spreads holiday cheer
- Attica business spreads holiday cheer through candles and cross display
- Lafayette Christmas Parade Forecast
- Women at Spanish support group find comfort and holiday cheer
- LPD prepares for annual Christmas Parade
- Plans for the downtown Lafayette Christmas parade
- Lafayette Christmas Parade has officially been canceled
- City of Lafayette gears up for annual Christmas parade
- Hundreds cheer Indiana Guard troops heading to Kuwait