Chimney fire causes damage to Newton Co. home

Ambulance-Fire-911

Investigators said a chimney fire in a wood burning fireplace is to blame for house fire in rural Morocco Friday morning.

Posted: Nov 30, 2018 7:45 AM

NEWTON CO., Ind. (WLFI) — Investigators said a chimney fire in a wood burning fireplace is to blame for house fire in rural Morocco Friday morning.

Brook-Iroquois Township fire chief Kyle D. Conrad said just before 1 a.m., firefighters were called to a home in the 5000 block of County Road West 600 South.

By the time crews got there, the fire had spread to the wall around the fireplace and had breached the chimney.

It took about two hours for the 20 firefighters on scene to put it out.

No injuries were reported.

Brook firefighters were assisted by crews from the Morocco and Kentland Fire Departments.

Article Comments

West Lafayette
Broken Clouds
48° wxIcon
Hi: 49° Lo: 41°
Feels Like: 45°
Kokomo
Overcast
45° wxIcon
Hi: 47° Lo: 39°
Feels Like: 43°
Rensselaer
Overcast
46° wxIcon
Hi: 49° Lo: 39°
Feels Like: 43°
Fowler
Overcast
46° wxIcon
Hi: 49° Lo: 39°
Feels Like: 43°
Williamsport
Broken Clouds
48° wxIcon
Hi: 49° Lo: 40°
Feels Like: 46°
Crawfordsville
Overcast
44° wxIcon
Hi: 48° Lo: 40°
Feels Like: 40°
Frankfort
Overcast
48° wxIcon
Hi: 47° Lo: 39°
Feels Like: 48°
Delphi
Broken Clouds
47° wxIcon
Hi: 49° Lo: 40°
Feels Like: 45°
Monticello
Broken Clouds
47° wxIcon
Hi: 48° Lo: 39°
Feels Like: 44°
Logansport
Overcast
45° wxIcon
Hi: 47° Lo: 39°
Feels Like: 41°
Dense Fog, Dry and Warmer with a Gradual Clearing.
WLFI Radar
WLFI Temps
WLFI Planner

Community Events