LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)- April is Child Abuse Prevention Month in Tippecanoe County and across the country.
Earlier Monday, local leaders gathered at Riehle Plaza for the announcement.
All month long, blue pinwheels will be placed throughout the community as part of pinwheels for prevention.
The goal is to send the message that each child deserves to be raised in a safe, healthy and nurturing environment.
Coleen Conner is a part of CASA and a board member for Tippecanoe County Child Abuse Prevention Council.
She says the groups are working to prevent child abuse and neglect.
"We want to be able to educate our community and to allow individuals to learn ways to better interact with their children and have a successful childhood," Connor said.
TCAP is putting on a series of events this month. See below:
April 7: Family Fun Event, "Superhero Saturday," 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. at the YWCA
Super Hero Saturday is a Super Family Fun event for children 12 and under accompanied by a parent. Enjoy the carnival atmosphere with games, food, prizes and special appearances by super heroes. Get hands on with the instrument petting zoo, crafts, and more!
April 27: TCAP Luncheon and Training, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. at the YWCA
The Silent Victims of the Opioid Crises: Exploring the Impact on Children and Families. Register online at www.tippecanoechildabuse.org Please RSVP by April 23, 2018.
April 1-30: Pinwheels for Prevention, Greater Lafayette area.
The blue pinwheel conveys the message that every child deserves the chance to be raised in a healthy, safe, and nurturing environment. TCAP volunteers will be placing blue pinwheels throughout the community for the month of April.
- Child Abuse Prevention Month kicks off in Lafayette
- Child Abuse Prevention Month underway
- Pinwheels planted to prevent child abuse
- Fire Prevention Week kicks off on Monday
- Greater Lafayette's link between domestic violence, child and animal abuse
- Animal abuse prevention bill passes House
- Lafayette mother sentenced for abuse
- Lafayette farmer's market kicks off the summer
- Greater Lafayette's United Way campaign kicks off
- Operation Force Multiplier Kicks off in Lafayette