LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)—Chick-Fil-A is back in business in Lafayette. The chicken giant opened its brand new restaurant Thursday morning. Construction on the new building started in August.
The restaurant's new location is on the corner of Creasy Lane and South Street, just a ways down from its old location. The old location closed on Monday.
Chick-Fil-A officials told News 18 the new restaurant is at least 800 feet larger than the previous building. It also has a larger parking lot and two-lane drive thru.
However, managers say the biggest difference in the new restaurant is the overall layout. When chicken-lovers go inside, they'll notice a separate area for ordering and dining. Plus, crew members say the kitchen has changed immensely. With added fryers, counter space and a new system- crew members say food is expected to be served even faster than before.
They say by improving the restaurant, they hope Chick-Fil-A will become the best place to eat and work in Lafayette.
Hours are Monday through Saturday 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Closed Sundays.
- Chick-Fil-A is back open at a brand new location
- Police chase cow near Chick-Fil-A
- Chick-Fil-A to replace Don Pablo's building in Lafayette
- Chick-fil-A, Jersey Mike's Subs coming to Purdue
- Chick-fil-A adds mac and cheese to the menu
- Purdue Moving Forward with Chick-Fil-A on Campus
- Toys 'R' Us brand may be brought back to life
- Northbound I-65 back open
- Happy Hollow entrance back open
- Meijer brand yogurts are being recalled